Jesus the Advocate

A short reflection on Jesus the Advocate

 Synopsis:-
> Some do good things in life, will they go to Heaven?
> Some are really bad people, will they go to Heaven?
> Some are good initially, but turn bad later; will they go to Heaven?
> Some bad people come to their senses at the point of death, will they go to Heaven?

Reflection:-
As I sat to contemplate on this topic, it took me days to jump into logical conclusions over Jesus as our Advocate. All these days Jesus Kept inspiring me that He loves each one of us and will forgive us even at our death point!
In the gospel of John, Jesus calls the Holy Spirit the Advocate; " But the Advocate , the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you. John 14:26 NRSV ". Whereas in 1 John 2:1 we find Jesus as the Advocate. 

So now what is the role of this advocate? Will Jesus justify on behalf of every person on account of his/her sins and good deeds and send every person to Heaven??

From the parable of the sower it is evident that apart from children of God, there are also children of the evil one. And it is we who choose to sow that seed in either good soil and give 30, 60 or 100 folds or else be collected and be thrown in fire. 

Jesus is a righteous God, a God of Justice, Mercy and Compassion. In the whole Gospel according to Mark, you find Jesus going to Synagogue to teach and heal people on every Sabbath. Do we keep our Sabbath Holy? Which is meant for the Lord and to help out others and also to spend a good quality time with your family. Do we listen to the Word of God and obey it? Do we have purses that never wear out to give to the poor? Do we work with integrity in our workplaces, homes, schools, colleges? Do we hide our ego in humility? Do we boast of our possessions? Do we strive for holiness? Do we forgive seventy times seven? Do we get drunk and beat people? Do we pray for our enemies? Do we love our enemies? Are you aware that Jesus died for your sins even though you were a sinner? Am I righteous? Ask this questions to yourself today and analyse where you stand. If you feel you are drifting away from Heaven then stick these promises in your heart:-

When Israel(write your name here) was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.  
The more I called them, the more they went from me; they kept sacrificing to the Baals, and offering incense to idols.  
Yet it was I who taught Ephraim(write your name here) to walk, I took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them.  
I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them.
Hosea 11:1‭-‬4 NRSV
“How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!"
Matthew 23:37 NRSV
Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.  
See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.
Isaiah 49:15‭-‬16 NRSV
But even the hairs of your head are all counted. Do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Luke 12:7 NRSV


The classic example for the one who realizes his/her fault at the last moment of their life and reprimands and turns to God in forgiveness is shown in the parable of "labourers in the vineyard" Mt. 20:1-16 which speaks about the landowner paying the same wage for people who work from different times of the day. 

Good news to all those who work for the sake of the Good News i.e. a Priest, a nun, a lay man on mission, a parent imparting God's Word in their children, a person working in honesty in his firm even when the boss isn't around, parents of kids who are now priests and nuns:- 
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.
Matthew 19:29‭-‬30 NRSV

We all are sinners, and fall short of glory of God, but we are now justified by His grace as a gift. Rom 3:23-24. All you need to do is believe in God's atoning sacrifice.

Lastly I'll close by quoting from Gospel of John,
“Very truly, I tell you, the hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself; and he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. Do not be astonished at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and will come outthose who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
John 5:25‭-‬29 NRSV

Do good to others and expect others to be better than you.

Praise God❤

Comments

  1. Nice reflection Shawnal. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God.. Thank you so much. Keep supporting me by sharing it with others

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My life journey with Christ

Why not to choose the best?

Cross and Self-denial